Friday, July 10, 2015

I Want You to Know a Great God

Dear Baby,

I want you to love a great God. That’s it. Getting good marks in school, being a good athlete, having an awesome career, getting married - these are all good things. But none of them mean anything if I haven’t shown you the love of our great God.

Why? Because life is hard and it sucks sometimes. Getting good marks in school is temporary. Athleticism fades with age. A career doesn’t comfort you through long nights and a marriage won’t last or reach its full potential if you don’t know God.

I believe you should do your best in all things. Do your best at school, at volleyball, strive for a career you enjoy, pray to be a good husband or wife. If you are successful at all of these things and have an awesome relationship with God I will be very proud of you.

If you try your best and bring home poor report cards, if you try your best and no one wants you on their team, if you try your best and you can’t find a job that suits you, if you try your best and never get married - if you have difficulties in all of these things and have an awesome relationship with God - guess what? I will be very proud of you.

God does not promise us rainbows and falling stars, pink bunnies and marshmallow houses. In other words, He doesn’t say that our life on Earth will be pain and trouble free. What He does promise is that He will never leave our side. He promises that He will help us through the pain and troubles and will give us hope and courage when it seems as though all is lost.

That is why a relationship with God is all I truly want for you Baby. I never want you to be alone. I never want you to feel like all hope is lost. I want you to know what true love looks like. I want you to know what sacrifice and commitment look like. I want you to find your happiness not in the temporary things that this world puts in front of you but in the love of Christ that is within you when you receive the Holy Spirit.

So yes little one, always strive to do your best in all things. Just remember that your Mama thinks it’s more important to love a perfect God than to love a perfect life.

You never know, one day there just might be a home God makes for you with rainbows and falling stars and pink bunnies and marshmallow houses.

Love,

Your Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment